Overview & Eligibility
Under Texas state law, individuals who are not eligible for COBRA or have exhausted their COBRA coverage may receive an additional six to nine months of coverage. Texas State Continuation requires coverage for medical plans. Coverage for dental, vision, and prescription drug plans is optional.
Eligibility for 6 months of coverage:
Eligibility for 9 months of coverage:
• Employers with 20 or more employees
• Any individual who was covered under a group health plan and has completed their continuation coverage under COBRA
• Qualifying Events: Not applicable since the individual is extending their COBRA coverage under a previous qualifying event
• Employers with 19 or less employees
• Any individual who experiences a qualifying event and was covered under a group health plan but was not eligible for COBRA, for at least 3 consecutive months prior to termination you must have had coverage for the three months before your job ended
• Qualifying Events: Termination of employment, retirement, death, divorce
How Ameriflex Can Help You
As a 20+ year leader in COBRA and CDH account administration, Ameriflex has the expert knowledge, technology, and dedicated service employers need to properly offer Texas State Continuation.
We are also now one of the only CDH and COBRA administrators in Texas to offer this service. Watch the video to learn more:
Request More Information
Connect with us!
Fill out the form below, send your request, and our team will reach out to you soon to provide more information and pricing details.
The Value for Employees
Healthcare Coverage Continuation
Support from Experts
Easy Payment and Account Management
Individuals and qualified beneficiaries who lose healthcare coverage due to a qualifying event may enroll in Texas State Continuation to continue coverage for a limited time.
Includes all employer, employee, and carrier notices required under Texas law.
Texas State Continuation participants can contact our experts with questions about coverage and payments.
Dedicated account management team assigned to every client.
Texas State Continuation participants can view their coverage and easily make premium payments through a secure platform.
Sends eligibility to carriers with an electronic audit trail.
The Value for Employers
Employers are held 100% harmless for any negligence by Ameriflex.
Our team ensures all Texas State Continuation administrative steps are being completed in a timely manner.
Ameriflex administers all of the required notifications, billings, and collections as required by the DOL and the IRS.
Real-time mailing confirmation of all notices.
The Ameriflex Client Relationship Team is eager to answer questions and provide assistance.
Our Net Promoter Score (NPS) far exceeds the healthcare average.